Archive for May, 2011
That was an amazing walk everyone! We took the Seattle Light Rail!
One of my favorites without a doubt! I still can’t believe we made the World News!
It was a scene of beauty… I meant horror.. Watching victims being chased by zombies rushing out of all 8 doors on the zombie train! The reactions from commuters were priceless, including a child who kept asking the zombies to chase him. This makes me very happy to see the community embracing this crazy group.
I hope this has you excited for the biggest zombie walk of the year, our Red White and Dead event which is in 4 weeks! Twice we have broken the world record with this annual event, last year we had over 4500 zombies!!!
The world record for largest zombie walk does keep changing from city to city. BUT THAT IS THE FUN IN IT!
Third time is a charm! So let us beat New Jersey! the target number is over 4,093 zombies… WHAT? WHAT? WHAT?.. ERIC WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? Last year we had over 4500 zombies how come the target number is 4,093?? Well concerned zombie, there is a small percentage of zombies out there who don’t put down all of the information on the registration sheet. Invalid entries don’t count..
ITS TIME TO RECLAIM THE WORLD RECORD AND GET IT BACK TO SEATTLE, THE ZOMBIE CAPITOL OF THE WORLD!!!
We need your help!
- Become Involved! email us at email@example.com
- Join the Seattle Zombie Walk Facebook Group for updates http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_148897598553
- Share this event on your facebook page
- Pin these fliers up in your break room at work or the your schools’ bulletin board! http://tinyurl.com/3smjxzk
These walks do not break records by themselves, spread the word and the zombie plague to all of Seattle!
Thank you for all your rotting participation,
Eric Pope, the Patriotic Zombie
Heeeey Seattle Zombies!!!
We have a wicked zombie walk planned. For the first time in Seattle, the Zombie Horde descends upon the Seattle Light Rail during rush hour!! Imagine the shocked faces of commuters, their day dreams of weekend plans transformed into nightmares as the zombie filled train stops at their station. Out of the sliding doors they will witness the rotting dead shuffling towards them, eyeing them ravenously.
Bring props, fake body parts and things typically seen on a light rail trip.
When: Friday May 27th Gather at 6:30pm and walk at 7:00pm
Gathering Point: West Lake Park, Pine St and 4th Avenue
Start: West Lake Station
End: Seatac Station
Cost: $2.50 for the light rail ticket
What: The Seattle Zombies are invading the light rail
Why: To cause shocks, laughs and zombie shenanigans on a fast moving train.
*we recommend zombies take a bus to the west lake park, because parking is difficult downtown*
Lightrail website Click Here
For the living dead who still have energy at the end of the walk, we have been invited to invade Crypticon, the Northwest’s premier horror convention. The attendance is free on Friday for anyone who is wearing zombie makeup. We have a few evil plans which include attacking a zombie movie screening during an intense moment of the movie and a zombie swarm around the nearby Denny’s – last year’s attack was amazing! Two great convention parties, Biohazard and International Bank of Timbuktu, are planning a special zombie theme in our honor. The parties are for the zombies who are old enough to drink, sorry zombie kids the end of the walk is 21+.
THIS IS A WEAPONLESS WALK!!! We will turn away any zombies, victims or heroes who show up with anything that looks like a weapon. This is common sense as we are dealing with mass transit, sound transit security know we are coming and look forward to seeing us bring the fun.
DO NOT TOUCH OR ATTACK ANYONE who is not a part of our walk, we will provide victims for you to chase and pretend to attack. Commuters are stuck on the light rail, they can’t walk past us if they are not into it. If they are smiling, laughing and taking pictures you can interact with them. If they look bothered or annoyed then ignore them, not worth the attention of this zombie horde.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UPDATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow!!! It is amazing how big this event has become in less than a months notice. This just proves that With Seattle is the zombie capitol of the world! Because this event became so popular the Seattle zombie walk organizers urge all our zombies to buy round trip tickets ahead of time so there is very little waiting involved. The light rail trains leave every 10 minutes. The plan is to send 50 to 70 zombies with every train. We recommend zombies focus their numbers to the front of the train so zombie haters retreat to the back of the train. We also recommend zombies board the train at other sound transit stations along the way as well, further creating the atmosphere of a zombie apocalypse!!!
***Sound transit disclaimer***
Zombies should plan to pre-purchase round trip tickets, stay behind the yellow line until the train comes, and no screaming on the train. We are paying customers using a public transportation so we have every right to be there but if they sense real trouble it can ruin your fun and everyone else’s.
Here is a map and time table of the event
Rules and helpful thoughts…
• YOU CAN JOIN AT ANY STATION!! Take advantage of boarding at the station most convenient to you. It will help the walk out if you do so, this way we are not overwhelming the west lake station at the start of the walk. Hop on board when you see zombies on trains heading southbound! Here is a list of all the stations: http://www.soundtransit.org/Schedules/Central-Link-light-rail.xml
• No masks, no weapons, no masks, no weapons, NO MASKS, NO WEAPONS!!!
• Buy round trip tickets several hours ahead of time, this will last all day as a single trip ticket will expire within 50 minutes. With only 6 machines at the west lake station, late zombies will spend more time waiting to buy a ticket than the actual trip on the train. BUY YOUR ROUND TRIP EARLY!
• DO NOT CROSS THE YELLOW LINE until the train has arrived, we don’t want anyone to get hurt
• DO NOT SCREAM while on the train, its ok to moan, call for brains.. but if security feels that someone is in real trouble they will halt the train to investigate.
• Crypticon asks that you and all friends who plan on coming to click attending on our light rail event page so they can approve your entry.
• WE NEED VICTIMS!! Think of an interesting outfit to wear if caught in the middle of a zombie feeding frenzy. We will provide you a name tag that says victim so the zombies will know they can mess with you. The zombies have nothing to do without their favorite food, please come and help build the atmosphere.
• WE NEED ZOMBIE CLEANERS!! Zombies are messy, no hiding that! We normally do a good job cleaning up behind us, but this time the walk is a moving train and will need special care. A few zombie cleaners with paper towels and a bottle of windex would be much appreciated with every train heading out. You will be rewarded zombie karma points if you do and even more if wearing a French maid costume.