Archive for May, 2012
Seattle Zombies get out your best rotten suit because one of you is getting hitched!!!
At the upcoming Crypticon a ghoulish couple plans on getting married, merging their rotting hearts. The crew from Crypticon have invited us to come back and join in this event, we thought it would be fun to have the zombies ride the light rail again on the way to the wedding.
Remember this grand ol’ time?
Last year when the Zombie Horde shuffled upon the Seattle Light Rail during rush hour we created a lot of fun memories and hilarious videos.. Lets do it again! Remember the shocked faces of commuters as our zombie filled train stops at their station. The zombies clawing at the window and gasping for their juicy brains? Good times…
Bring props, fake body parts and things typically seen on a light rail trip.
When: Friday May 25th Gather at 6:00pm and walk at 6:30pm
Gathering Point: West Lake Park, Pine St and 4th Avenue
Facebook Event: Click here!!!
Start: West Lake Station
End: Seatac Station
Cost: $2.50 for the light rail ticket
What: The Seattle Zombies are invading the light rail
Why: To cause shocks, laughs and zombie shenanigans on a fast moving train.
*we recommend zombies take a bus to the west lake park, because parking is difficult downtown*
Lightrail website Click Here
For the living dead who still have energy at the end of the train ride, we have been invited to invade Crypticon, the Northwest’s premier horror convention. The attendance is free on Friday for anyone who is wearing zombie makeup and has a light rail pass. We have a few evil plans which include attacking a zombie wedding.
THIS IS A WEAPONLESS WALK!!! We will turn away any zombies, victims or heroes who show up with anything that looks like a weapon. This is common sense as we are dealing with mass transit, sound transit security know we are coming and look forward to seeing us bring the fun.
DO NOT TOUCH OR ATTACK ANYONE who is not a part of our walk, we will provide victims for you to chase and pretend to attack. Commuters are stuck on the light rail, they can’t walk past us if they are not into it. If they are smiling, laughing and taking pictures you can interact with them. If they look bothered or annoyed then ignore them, not worth the attention of this zombie horde.
The light rail trains leave every 10 minutes, we recommend zombies focus their numbers to the front of the train so zombie haters retreat to the back of the train. If you want you can board at other sound transit stations along the way, further creating the atmosphere of a zombie apocalypse!!!
***Sound transit disclaimer***
Zombies should plan to pre-purchase round trip tickets, stay behind the yellow line until the train comes, and no screaming on the train. We are paying customers using a public transportation so we have every right to be there but if they sense real trouble it can ruin your fun and everyone else’s.
Rules and helpful thoughts…
• YOU CAN JOIN AT ANY STATION!! Take advantage of boarding at the station most convenient to you. It will help the walk out if you do so, this way we are not overwhelming the west lake station at the start of the walk. Hop on board when you see zombies on trains heading southbound! Here is a list of all the stations: http://www.soundtransit.org/Schedules/Central-Link-light-rail.xml
• No masks, no weapons, no masks, no weapons, NO MASKS, NO WEAPONS!!!
• Buy round trip tickets several hours ahead of time, this will last all day as a single trip ticket will expire within 50 minutes. With only 6 machines at the west lake station, late zombies will spend more time waiting to buy a ticket than the actual trip on the train. BUY YOUR ROUND TRIP EARLY!
• DO NOT CROSS THE YELLOW LINE until the train has arrived, we don’t want anyone to get hurt
• DO NOT SCREAM while on the train, its ok to moan, call for brains.. but if security feels that someone is in real trouble they will halt the train to investigate.
• Crypticon asks that you and all friends who plan on coming to click attending on our light rail event page so they can approve your entry.
• WE NEED VICTIMS!! Think of an interesting outfit to wear if caught in the middle of a zombie feeding frenzy. We will provide you a name tag that says victim so the zombies will know they can mess with you. The zombies have nothing to do without their favorite food, please come and help build the atmosphere.
• WE NEED ZOMBIE CLEANERS!! Zombies are messy, no hiding that! We normally do a good job cleaning up behind us, but this time the walk is a moving train and will need special care. A few zombie cleaners with paper towels and a bottle of windex would be much appreciated with every train heading out. You will be rewarded zombie karma points if you do and even more if wearing a French maid costume.
Zombies attacking the ferry caught on tape!
video by Roger Douthitt
A large zombie horde boarded a Ferry heading from Seattle to Bremerton, this was the first time we ran out of victim name tags as on the spot volunteers from young kids to even a gang of grandparents wanted in on the zombie action. We had a large game of zombie tag on the ferry, kids scrambling on the top deck trying to avoid the zombie’s reach and a gaggle of girls hiding under the cafeteria tables. A favorite moment was when Tom’s Biohazard team was walking in between the parked cars telling people to stay in their cars, they will be safe from the zombies who were just a few feet behind them.